Which formula to use? countif, sumif, sumproduct

  1. #1
    zubee
    Guest

    Which formula to use? countif, sumif, sumproduct

    I would like to count the number of records that appear in the same column
    for example column "A"
    hat and coat
    coat
    hat
    hat and coat
    gloves

    The formula that i am looking for would answer the question, how many
    records contain ("hat and coat" and "hat") the answer would be 3 records.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    --
    Cheers

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Which formula to use? countif, sumif, sumproduct

    =SUMIF(A:A,"*hat*")

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Which formula to use? countif, sumif, sumproduct

    =COUNTIF(Your_Range,"hat and coat")+COUNTIF(Your_Range,"hat")

    or

    =SUMPRODUCT((Your_Range="hat and coat")+(Your_Range="hat"))

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Which formula to use? countif, sumif, sumproduct

    meant COUNTIF

    RP

    news:ehvyLN%[email protected]...