Excel-based golf handicap tool

  1. #1
    HandicapConquest
    Guest

    Excel-based golf handicap tool

    HandicapConquest 1.31 is a powerful Microsoft® Excel-based tool that makes
    it easy for golfers to calculate their golf handicap. Users can track their
    scores over time and compute their handicap using a methodology similar to
    that used by the USGA. The program also displays graphs of your performance
    over time to monitor improvements in your game. The interface is simple and
    easy to use, allowing users to be up and running in minutes.

    Download a free trial version now at:

    http://www.conquest-software.com/pro...p_conquest.htm

    Regards,

    Dave Miller
    Conquest Software
    www.conquest-software.com

  2. #2
    Annika1980
    Guest

    Re: Excel-based golf handicap tool

    >Users can track their scores over time and compute their handicap using a >methodology similar to that used by the USGA.

    Can't ya just average the lowest 10 of your last 20 differentials,
    multiply by .96 and truncate to the first digit?

    That methodology is EXACTLY similar to that used by the USGA.
    You can owe me.

  3. #3
    Bobby Knight

    On 5 Sep 2005 05:59:47 -0700, "Annika1980" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>Users can track their scores over time and compute their handicap using a >methodology similar to that used by the USGA.

    >Can't ya just average the lowest 10 of your last 20 differentials,
    >multiply by .96 and truncate to the first digit?
    >
    >That methodology is EXACTLY similar to that used by the USGA.
    >You can owe me.

    Then how will this SPAMMER ever sell his product? Your one sentence
    is his whole program in a nutshell.
    ___
    \o '

    / \
    Someone likes every shot*
    bk

  4. #4
    Peter Strauss
    Guest

    Re: Excel-based golf handicap tool

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:07:22 GMT, Bobby Knight <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > On 5 Sep 2005 05:59:47 -0700, "Annika1980" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >>Users can track their scores over time and compute their handicap using a >methodology similar to that used by the USGA.

    > >Can't ya just average the lowest 10 of your last 20 differentials,
    > >multiply by .96 and truncate to the first digit?
    > >
    > >That methodology is EXACTLY similar to that used by the USGA.
    > >You can owe me.

    > Then how will this SPAMMER ever sell his product? Your one sentence
    > is his whole program in a nutshell.

    I have for several years now distributed, for free to any who ask for
    it, a spread sheet which does this.
    Just enter the scores, ratings and slopes, and the sheet will, if the
    instructions are followed, sort, pick, multiply by .96, and compute
    hci.
    Never thought to sell it. Sheesh. I coulda been a contendah, a
    somebody...

  5. #5
    Bobby Knight
    Guest

    Re: Excel-based golf handicap tool

    On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:54:04 GMT, Peter Strauss <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:07:22 GMT, Bobby Knight <[email protected]>
    >wrote:

    >> >Can't ya just average the lowest 10 of your last 20 differentials,
    >> >multiply by .96 and truncate to the first digit?
    >> >
    >> >That methodology is EXACTLY similar to that used by the USGA.
    >> >You can owe me.

    >> Then how will this SPAMMER ever sell his product? Your one sentence
    >> is his whole program in a nutshell.

    >I have for several years now distributed, for free to any who ask for
    >it, a spread sheet which does this.
    >Just enter the scores, ratings and slopes, and the sheet will, if the
    >instructions are followed, sort, pick, multiply by .96, and compute
    >hci.
    >Never thought to sell it. Sheesh. I coulda been a contendah, a
    >somebody...

    No, Peter, if you had advertised it here you'd've been a SPAMMER! :-)
    ___
    \o '

    / \
    Someone likes every shot*
    bk

  6. #6
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Excel-based golf handicap tool

    Or, you could download the free trial version (limited to 5 entries until
    you purchase the "key") and just hack it!

    Get it? Hack it!

    LOL

    <g>

    Ya won't lose balls if ya don't hit 'em in the woods!

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7

    On 5-Sep-2005, "Annika1980" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > EXACTLY similar

    there is a turn of phrase worthy of our Prez!

    --
    bill-o

    A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between
    two golfers neither of whom can putt very well.