calculate average in percentage coloumn with #DIV/! (ignore error

  1. #1
    neelsels SA
    Guest

    calculate average in percentage coloumn with #DIV/! (ignore error

    calculate average in percentage coloumn with #DIV/!. When the formula has to
    calculate the average of a few figures it must ignore all error if present in
    the some cells

  2. #2
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: calculate average in percentage coloumn with #DIV/! (ignore error

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 02:46:41 -0700, "neelsels SA" <neelsels
    [email protected]> wrote:

    >calculate average in percentage coloumn with #DIV/!. When the formula has to
    >calculate the average of a few figures it must ignore all error if present in
    >the some cells

    =AVERAGE(IF(ISERROR(A1:A10)+ISBLANK(A1:A10),"",A1:A10))

    entered as an *array* formula. To enter an *array* formula, hold down
    formula.

    Note that I also instructed AVERAGE to ignore Blanks to show you how your
    specifications could be expanded.

    --ron

  3. #3

    Re: calculate average in percentage coloumn with #DIV/! (ignore error

    Another way (less pedagogic, though):

    =AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A99),A1:A99))

    them yourself.)