Using the Tab in the Worksheet

  1. #1
    Jean
    Guest

    Using the Tab in the Worksheet

    Hello,

    For many years I have been typing in the Excel Worksheets. When I used
    to hit the 'Enter' key, the cell below would be selected. When I tapped
    the 'tab' key, the cursor would move to the cell on the right.
    Everything worked great and it was the way I liked it.

    Now for some strange reason, when I am in a worksheet and hit the 'tab',
    the cursor jumps to the end of my screen or the column starting on the
    next screen, skipping about 9 to 10 columns.

    Is there anyway to change it back to when the tab key is hit, it goes to
    the next cell on the right?

    I would appreciate any help you can provide.

    Thank you.

    Jean

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Using the Tab in the Worksheet

    <Tools> <Options> <Transition> tab,

    And *UNCHECK*

    "Transition Navigation Keys"
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jean
    Guest

    Re: Using the Tab in the Worksheet

    Thank you so much. I unchecked what you told me to and it works
    perfectly.

    I just don't understand what I could have done to have that checkmark
    placed there but I don't care as I'm glad to have my tab working
    normally again.

    Jean

  4. #4
    RagDyeR