time sheet

  1. #1

    Smile time sheet

    Hi all

    My payroll officer has pointed out to me that the time sheet i have created is good but i am loosing out on cash because the way they work out the hours is different to the way my time sheet dose, on my time sheet if i work for 7 H and 40 Mins it
    Displays as 7:40. But here is where i lose out as when the payroll see 7:40 they take it as 7H 24Mins. Dose anyone have a suggestion as to how i can get 7:40 to display the correct time (7:67) with out starting from scratch?

    the payroll work on the following setup
    1min= .02
    10mins= .17
    15mins= .25
    20mins= .33
    30mins= .50
    40mins= .67
    etc.

    these are my current formulas

    cacluates lunch period
    =E10-D10
    total time worked less total lunch
    =((F10-C10)-G10)
    total OT for the day
    =J10-I10
    Total Time Worked + OT =SUM(H10:H23)+K24 (K24 is the cell containing the total of the over time)

    this time sheet covers a F/N

    Thanks in advance
    Regards,
    Jesse

  2. #2

    Re: time sheet

    Hi Jesse,

    You need to multiply the time by 24 to turn it into a decimal.

    e.g. Total Time Worked + OT =(SUM(H10:H23)+K24)*24

    7:40 becomes 7.67

    Make sure you format the cells to number with 2dp.

    HTH - David

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: time sheet

    Hi!

    > 7:40 they take it as 7H 24Mins

    Huh? That makes no sense to me!

    > how i can get 7:40 to display the correct time (7:67) with out starting
    > from scratch?

    You are already displaying the correct time. 7:67 is not correct!

    What you probably want to do is, instead of displaying the times in h:mm
    format, display the times in decimal format: 7.67

    To do that, just add a multiplication operation to your formulas:

    > cacluates lunch period
    > =E10-D10

    =(E10-D10)*24

    > total time worked less total lunch
    > =((F10-C10)-G10)

    =((F10-C10)-G10)*24

    > total OT for the day
    > =J10-I10

    =(J10-I10)*24

    > Total Time Worked + OT =SUM(H10:H23)+K24

    =SUM(H10:H23,K24)*24

    Format all of these cells as GENERAL

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Thanks guys

    Thanks Guys
    i have been away for a week so sorry i havent responded till now
    i will give it ago now.
    Regards,
    Jesse

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hi Jesse,

    You need to multiply the time by 24 to turn it into a decimal.

    e.g. Total Time Worked + OT =(SUM(H10:H23)+K24)*24

    7:40 becomes 7.67

    Make sure you format the cells to number with 2dp.

    HTH - David

    david it all works execpt when you get to the total below is the example i used to test :
    Time Worked (hrs)

    sat 0.00 =((F10-C10)-G10)*24
    sun 0.00
    mon 1.00
    tue 7.67
    wed 7.25
    thurs7.75
    fri 0.00
    sat 0.00
    sun 0.00
    mon 0.00
    tue0.00
    wed7.67
    thurs7.50
    fri 7.33 =((F23-C23)-G23)*24

    Total Time Worked +toil taken 1108.00 =(SUM(H10:H23)+K24)*24
    this includes no toil.
    i have added a text version TD for you to look at for referance
    Regards,
    Jesse
    Attached Files Attached Files