Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    United States
    MS-Off Ver
    Office XP and Office 2003

    Conditional Formatting

    I have some conditional formatting in column J on my worksheet that checks if it is less than the value in column C. If so, the font color is red. However, column C can also be blank sometimes and if I put a value in column J, then it displays it in red font color, which I don't want. Is there a way to add something to the conditional formatting which will only display column J in red font if it is less than column C and column C is not blank?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    LAF
    try
    =AND(C2<>"",C2>J2)
    HTH
    Casey

  3. #3
    cincode5
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting

    LAF

    The only way I could reproduce your situation was by inserting a space in
    Col C. You might want to check to see if there are spaces and nullify them,
    or rewrite the conditional format with a second criteria (as criteria #1) to
    read:
    Formula Is =$C$1 (and set the font to Black).

    Again this has to be the first criteria. Conditional Formatting can have 3
    criteria, but will stops when it reaches the first True occurrance.
    --
    Regards...