Excel Text Import Wizard

  1. #1

    Excel Text Import Wizard

    Does anybody know of a way to automatically fire the Text Import Wizard
    in excel. What I am trying to do is create an asp page for my users
    which contains links to reports. These reports are text files which
    need to be imported into excel. By clicking on the link my users will
    open the file in excel and be prompted with the Text Import Wizard to
    format the columns. As we run many thousands of different reports I
    think that it would be impossible to predefine the columns, so this
    must be done by the end user when they open it.
    I have tried naming the text file as .csv and .xls, but they just open
    with everything in the first column.

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest