Legend Needs to show numbers...HELP

  1. #1
    Roberta
    Guest

    Legend Needs to show numbers...HELP

    How can I get the values percentages to show up in the legend?

    I hvae 4 sales reps and the value of theri %'s. In the legend it only shows
    the 4 sales reps. Since I'm printing in black and white I want the legend to
    show the sales rep name and the %'s. Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Legend Needs to show numbers...HELP

    If you only have four sales reps, you could remove the legend, and show
    each rep's name and percentage on the chart. You could also remove the
    fill colour, to make the labels easier to read.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Roberta
    Guest

    Re: Legend Needs to show numbers...HELP

    I can only print in black and white and my supervisor wants the % and sales
    rep name in the legend.

  4. #4
    Martin James Thornhill
    Guest

    RE: Legend Needs to show numbers...HELP

    Hi - I have the same problem, except that I'm presenting in colour and have
    a pie chart with more than 20 slices. Thus, having the % in the legend is a
    great idea.

    I can't see any automatic way of doing it.

    What I will probably do is draft the chart as-is. Once the data is settled,
    I will then change the data labels to include the percentage. I'll use a
    helper column with a formula, =A1&" ("&text($b1/$b$1000,"0.00%")&")". Once
    filled down, I'll paste-value the results over the source data labels. The
    chart will collect these new data labels. All I now need to remember is to
    leave the data alone!