Pivot table field settings--ghosted out

  1. #1
    Michigan

    Pivot table field settings--ghosted out

    I'm MS-Excel 2003 pivot tables which connect to an OLAP database. I am trying to set my subtotals in the pivot table to "AVERAGE". Currently, they're defaulting to the "SUM" setting.

    I right click on the cell (I do this for both the cell and the cell heading...same result) and select "FIELD SETTINGS". This brings up the Pivot table field window. The only options that I have that are not ghosted out are "AUTOMATIC" and "NONE".

    I understand that I need to tick the CUSTOM radio button under the Subtotal heading, but i am unable to do so, as it's ghosted. Consequently the Sum/Count/Average/Max/Min... options are also unavailable.

    This is the case with all of my spreadsheets that connect to this OLAP database.

    Is there a global setting that can be reset on Excel? Or is this a setting in our OLAP cubes? Or is there something else?

    Scott

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table field settings--ghosted out

    When the pivot table is based on an OLAP database, you can't change the
    summary function for the row and column field subtotals.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3

    Re: Pivot table field settings--ghosted out

    yeah you need to have your olap developer do that