the date format is not working ,sort by date doesn't work.

  1. #1
    Rosa Campos
    Guest

    the date format is not working ,sort by date doesn't work.

    I have this Excel spreadsheet, I took the year from one column, and the month
    from another column and put it in one column together, it looks like AUG
    1989, but when i try to sort by Date it doesn't. I'm sure the format is
    incorrect.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: the date format is not working ,sort by date doesn't work.

    Rosa

    How did you combine the month and year?

    Did you Concatenate them?

    Sounds like these are now treated as text.

    Try Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next>Column Data Format>Date>MDY and Finish.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP