Auto Filter + subtotal

  1. #1
    alex
    Guest

    Auto Filter + subtotal

    How I can add a subtotal/total line below a list with auto-filter ?

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Auto Filter + subtotal

    =SUBTOTAL(9, B2:B200)
    but the subtotal must be seen either by including a value that the
    filter will allow to be displayed, or by being outside the filtered rows.

    --
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3

    Re: Auto Filter + subtotal

    And remember that =subtotal() will ignore those values hidden by the autofilter.

    You may want to dump the autofilter and (if your data is sorted nicely) use
    Data|Subtotals.

  4. #4
    alex
    Guest

    Re: Auto Filter + subtotal

    thanks a lot. i was putting the SUBTOTAL inside the filtered range, so it was
    disappearing...

  5. #5
    Anand
    Guest

    RE: Auto Filter + subtotal

    I am using Advanced Filter and subtotal. I am using the function
    Subtotal(9,A1:A22)

    Once I change the filter criteria, I had thought, subtotal will
    automatically calculate, but in my case it is not. However, if I double click
    on the cell where I have subtotal and hit Enter, it updates the calculation.

    Is there something that I am missing and if you know a fix for this I would
    really appreciate any help.
    Thanks,
    --
    Anand Chhajed

  6. #6

    Re: Auto Filter + subtotal

    Do you have calculation set for automatic?

    Tools|Options|calculation tab.

  7. #7
    Anand
    Guest

    Re: Auto Filter + subtotal

    Yes, that is set for automatic.

    Also, there is a tab for Calc Now(F9). Even if you click on that it does not
    calculate.
    But, as I said if I double click on that cell, it calculate automatically.
    Appreciate your help!

    Thanks,
    Anand
    --
    Anand Chhajed

  8. #8

    Re: Auto Filter + subtotal

    Do you see Calculate in the statusbar (bottom left corner) when you filter on
    something else?

    xl2002 (I think) added an option to turn calculation off on a sheet by sheet
    basis.

    But this is extremely rare (in my experience).

    What version of excel are you using?

    (I don't have a real good guess.)

    One thing to try if you're at your wit's end:

    Select all the cells
    edit|replace
    what: = (equal sign)
    with: = (equal sign)
    replace all

    Maybe it'll make the next change calculate correctly.