How do I stop Excel 2002 from autoformatting numbers into dates?

  1. #1
    MyHeartPoursOn
    Guest

    How do I stop Excel 2002 from autoformatting numbers into dates?

    When I type in a number such as "3/8" or "3-8", Excel automatically changes
    it to "08-Mar". I've tried changing the format of the cell to general, but
    that changes the data to say "38149" and then changes back to custom
    formatting when I attempt to type in "3/8" again. I've tried turning off all
    autoformatting and autocorrecting. All this technology of "guessing" what
    you're trying to type can be extremely frustrating and pointless when you
    can't even type basic data into the worksheet.

  2. #2
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: How do I stop Excel 2002 from autoformatting numbers into dates?

    Change the cells to plain text.