How to show data greater than 10 in pivot table

  1. #1
    Angus
    Guest

    How to show data greater than 10 in pivot table

    I want to show the data greater than a specific number, say 10, in a pivot
    table, like what can be done by autofilter in raw data.

    I know I can use "autofilter" at pivot table, but it doesn't apply to the
    new pivot tables created by "show pages". How to keep showing data greater
    than 10 at the new pivot tables created by "show pages".

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How to show data greater than 10 in pivot table

    A Pivot table has a Top 10 feature that you can use to show only the top
    values.

    Or, you could add a column to the source data, and use the SUMIF or
    SUMPRODUCT function to calculate if the total for an item is over your
    set limit. Then, add that field to the page area, and use it as a filter.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    GILESCIS
    Guest

    Re: How to show data greater than 10 in pivot table

    Debra,
    I have a similar request.
    I have a colum that has gross sales in a pivot table along with other data.

    I want to do a query (or custome lookup) if the gross sales is greater
    then 50,000.00 and less then 100,000
    then i only want those records to appear in the pivot table.
    Is this possible and how,

    Thanks
    Dean Castaldo
    Giles Chemical Corp

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How to show data greater than 10 in pivot table

    You could add a column to your source table, and use a SUMIF formula to
    calculate the total for each customer. For example, with customer names
    in column C, sales in column F, and your gross sales target in cell K2:

    =IF(SUMIF($C$2:$C$500,C2,$F$2:$F$500)>$K$2,"Top","Bottom")

    Add this field to the page area of the pivot table, and select Top from
    its dropdown list.

  5. #5
    Gilescis
    Guest

    Re: How to show data greater than 10 in pivot table

    Well this is sort of what I wanted but i never know what my query range is
    going to be, today it could be >50,000 & < 100,000 but next week i may
    want to search for sales > 65000 but < 85000

    so my query could change at anytime

    thanks
    Dean Castaldo
    Giles Chemical Corp
    [email protected]

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How to show data greater than 10 in pivot table

    That's why I mentioned putting the gross sales target in cell K2 -- you
    could change it as required, and the formula results would change
    automatically.

    For a range, you could use minimum and maximum cells, e.g.:

    =IF(AND(SUMIF($C$2:$C$44,C2,$G$2:$G$44)>=$K$2,
    SUMIF($C$2:$C$44,C2,$G$2:$G$44)<=$L$2),"Show","Hide")

  7. #7
    Gilescis
    Guest

    Re: How to show data greater than 10 in pivot table

    Well that almost work except i was checking the values and i set my ranges
    for >=50,000 but <=100000.00

    there was a record that had a value of 72,000 and it returned hide instead
    of show.. Actually there was about 15 records like this.

    Any Idea