filter logic

  1. #1

    filter logic

    Hi,

    Here is my problem. I have a filter in my sheet.
    I want to make calculations within range what is in the filter, not all data.
    The formulas should be automatics, only recognize present filter selection.
    I am not a programmer, Can someone help me with
    Last edited by abarwinski; 09-17-2005 at 05:48 AM.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: filter logic

    Maybe you are looking for the Subtotal functions
    Look in the Excel help

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks for advice Ron,
    I better describe my case.
    This is perheps very simple solution but I'm not excel expert.
    In my worksheet I am doing efficiency calculation.
    I have names, products, work stations, hours, So can do that with formulas.
    I like to use filters for criteria selections and here is my stop.
    I can write formulas to calculate sums, efficiency in unfiltered list with no problem.
    When I select criteria with filter I want sum, efficiency, etc. calculations to be done regarding present filtered data only in (automatics way).
    Can I do that?
    Adam

  4. #4

    Re: filter logic

    Take a look at =subtotal() in excel's help.

    It supports 11 different functions.

    AVERAGE
    COUNT
    COUNTA
    MAX
    MIN
    PRODUCT
    STDEV
    STDEVP
    SUM
    VAR
    VARP

    So depending on what you wanted to do, you may be set.

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: filter logic

    Same answer

    Look here
    http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#Filter

  6. #6
    Hi Guy's,

    Thank you very much for help, this solved my problems
    in general easy, but thanks to your knowledge and experience
    what I'm lacking with excel.
    Keep up friends,
    Adam