How to create identical dropdown lists in large blocks of cells

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    How to create identical dropdown lists in large blocks of cells

    I use an excel spreadsheet to create a 4 week schedule for 20 nurses. They
    work a total of 13 differant shifts. (7a-11a, 7a-3p, 7a-7p, 11a-3p, 11a-7p,
    etc).

    I'm looking for a way to create identical drop down boxes with a list of the
    available shifts for a large group of cells.

    So far, I have to do each cell individually via the "Data, Validation, List"
    route. That's over 550 individual cells I'd have to program one at a time,
    which is just not gonna happen. Anybody have a faster way?

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How to create identical dropdown lists in large blocks of cells

    Paul: You can select as many cells as you like when creating a drop-down.
    You can also use the Format painter to "re-use" one that already exists.
    http://www.officearticles.com/misc/f...oft_office.htm Of
    course, I may have misunderstood the problem.
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: How to create identical dropdown lists in large blocks of cell

    I'll try that. Thanks Anne. I'm not familiar with the format painter, but it
    sounds like what I need.