Scroll Area

  1. #1
    Paul Dusterhoft
    Guest

    Scroll Area

    How do you set the Scroll Area on a worksheet so that the ability to move
    around the sheet is limited to the selected area?

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Scroll Area

    Hide all other rows and/or columns.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Scroll Area

    Paul

    Hiding the unused rows and columns then protecting the sheet is the usual
    method.

    Setting the scrollarea using VBA is another method.

    Note: Setting ScrollArea is good for that session only and only the
    activesheet. Has to be reset next time workbook is opened.

    Best to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module and
    specify which worksheet.

    Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
    Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:P60"
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: Scroll Area

    You can also
    Right-Click on your sheet-tab
    Select View Code
    If Properties Window is not shown press F4
    In Properties Window, near bottom you'll see
    Scroll Area - In blank box to right
    enter desired Range, say B2:G20
    Exit out of VBE
    Done

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Scroll Area

    Good tip Jim but this method is also lost when you close the workbook.

    Has to be reset when re-opened, hence my Workbook_Open code.

    Gord

  6. #6
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: Scroll Area

    Wasn't aware of this feature (?). LOL
    Thanks,
    Jim

  7. #7
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Scroll Area

    Hi Paul

    Right click on the worksheet Tab and choose View Code.
    If the Properties window is not visible, press F4.
    In Scroll Area, set the range of the area you require.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  8. #8
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: Scroll Area

    But even after saving the Workbook;
    Your Scroll Area is Lost;
    See Gord's reply to my suggestion above..
    Jim

    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Scroll Area

    Hi Jim

    Thanks for the heads up!
    I had not seen either your, or Gordon's post on my system when I posted my
    response. I equally was unaware that the setting didn't "stick" on saving.

    In all cases where I use the technique to prevent users accessing parts of
    the sheet, I set it via code in the workbook open event, but thought that a
    manual setting would also work and be a simpler answer for the OP.

    Thank goodness we never stop learning!!!

    Regards

    Roger Govier