File not found

  1. #1
    Ed
    Guest

    File not found

    How to find and remove/revise external cell references? Series of "File not
    found" happens on opening workbook and is from prior cut and paste I
    assume... don't know where the references are held so can't revise or delete.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: File not found

    Version? Try this:
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: File not found

    Ed

    Maybe not looking for links.

    The series of "file not found" could arise from Excel's file association being
    broken.

    Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

    Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
    Exit Excel and try again

    If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

    Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

    1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
    2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
    See the space between exe and /regserver

    You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
    In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP