hh:mm to mm:ss

  1. #1
    HMB
    Guest

    hh:mm to mm:ss

    I have scanned a telephone account which shows the duration of a call as
    min:sec (eg.15:35). Using an OCR program I have imported this data into
    Excel which picks the time up as hh:mm format. is there anyway to get Excel
    to read it as minutes and seconds instead of hours and minutes without going
    thru every record and adding a 0: (to hold the hour place)???

    Thanks

    Helen

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: hh:mm to mm:ss

    Hi

    Enter the number 60 into some free cell and copy it.
    Select the range with your data, and then PasteSpecial>Multiply. OK.
    Format rhe range as "mm:ss".
    Don't forget to scrap the number 60 entered before.

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee )

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: hh:mm to mm:ss

    I think you mean
    PasteSpecial>Divide

    HTH. best wishes Harald

    "Arvi Laanemets" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: hh:mm to mm:ss

    "Harald Staff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%23RK%[email protected]...
    >I think you mean
    > PasteSpecial>Divide

    Sorry! It must be this cold, I have at moment!

  5. #5
    HMB
    Guest

    Re: hh:mm to mm:ss

    Thanks for this. Have tried it out on some dummy data at home and when I get
    to work tomorrow I think it'll do the trick. And I guess by putting the [ ]
    around the mm on the format, I can get it to show a sum over 59 minutes as
    well!! Awesome!