Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

I deleted 99% of data from excel file. Folder Size remains unchang

  1. #1
    msnut
    Guest

    I deleted 99% of data from excel file. Folder Size remains unchang

    I created another test folder and as I deleted data from it I noticed the
    size of the file would change too. I compressed the pics in the file in
    question and I noticed the size changed but deleting pics, pages, data. Size
    remains unchanged. Me very confused!!! Any help please!

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: I deleted 99% of data from excel file. Folder Size remains unchang

    Are you completely deleting the rows/columns? or are you hitting
    Edit-->Clear--All, then saving?
    If not, perhaps your cells are still holding "dirtiness". Sometimes, you
    just need to copy all the worksheets to a new workbook to get rid of
    bloating.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    msnut
    Guest

    Re: I deleted 99% of data from excel file. Folder Size remains unc

    Thanks for your help. I am deleting rows, columns, pics. The folder size
    remains at 25.1 M. I have about half a page of numbers nothing else. I also
    copied this worksheet to my test folder and the folder size went up 25+ Meg.
    I tried compressing the folder on disk size went down about 1/2 meg. Any
    suggestions?