Change Comment location?

  1. #1
    Bob Newman
    Guest

    Change Comment location?

    Excel 2003

    When I insert a comment into a cell and it is shown when the cursors moves
    over that cell it's default display location is to the right side of the
    cell. How can I change this default location (only for certain cells)?
    --
    Thanks in advance... Bob

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Change Comment location?

    If comments are displayed (View>Comments), you can drag the comments to
    a new position. However, this won't affect the popup position of the
    comments -- the default can't be changed, manually or programmatically.

    Bob Newman wrote:
    > Excel 2003
    >
    > When I insert a comment into a cell and it is shown when the cursors moves
    > over that cell it's default display location is to the right side of the
    > cell. How can I change this default location (only for certain cells)?

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

  3. #3
    Bob Newman
    Guest

    Re: Change Comment location?

    Yuk! (The comments in the right most column are going off the edge of the
    window and are not visible - I don't want the person using this sheet to
    scroll)

    Bob

    news:[email protected]...