Looking up data:pulling information from one sheet

  1. #1

    Looking up data:pulling information from one sheet

    I'm hoping for some help in pulling information from one sheet onto another.

    For example, I have no problem setting up a vlookup to find a customer number (happens to be A13) on the other sheet and displaying their name one column over... =VLOOKUP(A2,Input!A1:F20,2)

    What I'm unsure of is how to lookup 2 rows below (so that it displays what's in A15) or say 1 row down and 5 columns over (F14). I'm guessing that it may be a vlookup with offset or maybe match?

    While the # of columns over and/or rows down from the customer number will always be the same, the rows that the customer info is on will be different... for the A13 example, next week it might be on A16 but I'll still need to lookup one column over, one column down etc. this is why I'm guessing a vlookup or match might be needed.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    JMB
    Guest

    re: Looking up data:pulling information from one sheet

    =INDEX($A$1:$F$6,MATCH(A9,$A$1:$A$6,0)+1,6)

    to find the value 1 row down and 5 columns over.

    Where your table is in cells A1:F6, the column containing customer numbers
    is in cells A1:A6, and cell A9 contains the customer number you want to look
    up.

    modify the ranges to suit.

  3. #3
    Thanks JMB, that does the trick perfectly!

  4. #4
    JMB
    Guest

    re: Looking up data:pulling information from one sheet

    you're welcome.