Help!! sort address field by street, then number??

  1. #1
    Keefer
    Guest

    Help!! sort address field by street, then number??

    Is there a way to accomplish this feat??
    cell data
    "7004 Brookville Rd"
    need the file by street name , then by number.

    All suggestions deeply appreciated.

    Keef

  2. #2

    Re: Help!! sort address field by street, then number??

    If you're lucky you could use Data|Text to columns.

    To separate pieces into individual columns.

    But I've never been lucky enough to get 100% -- lots of manual effort may be
    required.

  3. #3
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Help!! sort address field by street, then number??

    Keef,
    I've written an Excel add-in "Special Sort" that should do what
    you want... it will sort by suffix using the last numeric character in
    the data as the separator.
    You can even presort by the first number group, putting all the
    data in true numerical order, then sort by the suffix.
    The add-in has a total of 12 different sort methods available.
    It looks and reacts similar to the existing Excel sort utility.
    Comes with a Word.doc install/use file.
    Available -free- upon email request. Remove XXX from my address.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    [email protected]XX

  4. #4
    Keefer
    Guest

    Re: Help!! sort address field by street, then number??

    Jim, WOW!!!

    This "special sort" is a great tool. Congratulations on an excellent,
    intuitive piece of owrk.

    Thank you!

    news:[email protected]...