Compile Error in Visual Basic: Main Module?

  1. #1
    Steve Marshall
    Guest

    Compile Error in Visual Basic: Main Module?

    I just started getting this pop-up applet - "Compile Error in Visual
    Basic: Main Module?"- whenever I open Excel 2000 - if I just click OK,
    then Excel opens and everything is fine.

    I tried to do a repair function using the Office 2000 disks, but it is
    still there.

    Google search did not find this error message exactly except for a MAC user.

    Ideas?

  2. #2
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: Compile Error in Visual Basic: Main Module?

    That is probably a badly written addin, either installed (tools > addin
    menu) or a file residing in you startup folder (tools > options menu to find
    where that is).

    Those things are typically scanner software or acrobat/pdf writers.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "Steve Marshall" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Steve Marshall

    Harald Staff wrote:
    > That is probably a badly written addin, either installed (tools > addin
    > menu) or a file residing in you startup folder (tools > options menu to find
    > where that is).
    >
    > Those things are typically scanner software or acrobat/pdf writers.
    >
    > HTH. Best wishes Harald
    >
    > "Steve Marshall" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>I just started getting this pop-up applet - "Compile Error in Visual
    >>Basic: Main Module?"- whenever I open Excel 2000 - if I just click OK,
    >>then Excel opens and everything is fine.
    >>
    >>I tried to do a repair function using the Office 2000 disks, but it is
    >>still there.
    >>
    >>Google search did not find this error message exactly except for a MAC

    > user.
    >
    >>Ideas?

    It was Stuff-it Deluxe that was causing the problem - unchecked the
    Office Stuff-it box and it opens without error messages now - thanks.