Hyperlinks

  1. #1
    maperalia
    Guest

    Hyperlinks

    I have a list of files in one sheet. Each file has hyperlink with differents
    paths. However, the hyperlinks that were pointed to the share directories do
    not work. The only hyperlinks tha work are located in the hard drive and my
    private drive.
    Does anybody know how to fix this problem.

    Thanks in advance.
    Maperalia

  2. #2

    Re: Hyperlinks

    A couple of people have posted that setting the hyperlink base will stop this
    "helpful" behavior.

    File|properties|summary tab
    Hyperlink Base: C:\

    (C:\ should be available)

    =====
    I've never had any trouble at all with the =hyperlink() worksheet function.

  3. #3
    maperalia
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlinks

    Dave;
    Thanks for the tip. The links from the "S:\" drive are working. However, I
    have another share directory "O:\" and these links do not work. The problem
    is my list has hyperlinks from both directories.
    Tell is there is a way to make it work for both shares directories or
    multiple share directories.

    Thanks in advance
    Maperalia

  4. #4

    Re: Hyperlinks

    What did you try changing the hyperlink base to?

  5. #5
    maperalia
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlinks

    Dave;
    The list I have in excel has several files linked to the "C:\","S:\" and
    "O:\" directories. Just the files linked to the "C:\" drive work.
    However, when I make the change you advised my. Just the "S:\" directory
    works the rest do not work.
    I do not what to do to fix this problem.
    Could you please help me?

    Regards.
    Maperalia

  6. #6

    Re: Hyperlinks

    Another guess...I'm not sure that this will help.

    But if you make that hyperlink base some drive/folder that's always accessible,
    maybe it will.

    I'd try a hyperlink base of:
    A:\
    It points at the floppy drive.

    Do all your pc's have floppy drives?
    If not, then I'm not sure if it'll work.

    My next guess...
    Instead of using S:\ and O:\ in the hyperlink, use the UNC path:

    \\servername\sharename1\folder\filename

    and finally, I've never seen excel change any of the hyperlink addresses when
    you use the worksheet function =hyperlink().

    I also find them easier to create, edit, and even delete, too.

  7. #7
    maperalia
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlinks

    Dave;
    It is true what you say. Hyperlinks are easy to make and delete. However,
    for one reason my hyperlinks pointed to the share drives ("S" and"O" drives)
    do not work. The only one it is working is under my personal drive ("H") and
    the hard drive ("C").
    So far I have tried all your advises and the problem did not went away.

    I wonder if there is any setup in the sftware I should be aware of!!!!!!!!!

    Thank
    Maperalia

  8. #8

    Re: Hyperlinks