Excel Limitations

  1. #1
    JAKOMO
    Guest

    Excel Limitations

    when copying worksheets why do I get 'no more fonts can be added' message

  2. #2
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Excel Limitations

    Excel has a limit of 4,000 unique fonts per file

    unfortunately it also can "remember" some of the charts you create then
    delete.
    making it easier to hit the 4,000 limit
    you may need to copy information to a new file

  3. #3
    JAKOMO
    Guest

    RE: Excel Limitations

    Thank you,
    But, just to be clear, I built one worksheet (wtih three graphs) and copied
    it 50 times. I started getting the message around sheet 30. Are you saying I
    should copy all the worksheets to a new workbook? I have already renamed the
    workbook.

  4. #4
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Excel Limitations

    30 times 3 = 90 graphs which means that Excel "thinks' tehre are over 100
    "fonts" per graph.

    More likely when you made 3 graphs you experimented on that page, Excel may
    remember the experiments and copy to new sheets.

    My aproach was to take the original 3 graphs and copy to a new file, then
    replicate to sheets in new file.

    This can happen alot.

    One way out is to reevaluate WHY you want 50 sheets with the same Graphs9i
    assume different data), but Couldn't you use macros to shift data selections
    and have data and graphs on one or two sheets?