I've tried DSUM, SUMIF....

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Jeff
    Guest

    I've tried DSUM, SUMIF....

    Can anyone please help me solve this frustrating problem!

    I have 5 columns of info about my phone calls (the standard stuff: date,
    start time, no called, duration, cost). Column E is the 'amount' column,
    and I want to total all the amounts for calls which (in column 3) START with
    a 7. In other words, I'm trying to find out how much was spent on all calls
    to mobile phones (all leading zeros are removed).

    Its easy to find totals for calls to particular numbers, but I can't figure
    out how to total them all. The only criteria I can think of is that they do
    all begin with a 7.

    I've tried using 7* in both sumif and dsum scenarios but it doesn't work.
    How can it be done? Thanks
    Jeff

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: I've tried DSUM, SUMIF....

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(C2:C200)="7"),E2:E200)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jeff