Restrict input into cell array

  1. #1

    Restrict input into cell array

    Hello,
    New to the Excel forum.

    I have a question on restriciting the number of inputs into a range of cells to only a single entry.

    I'm building a Lickert-type scale from 0 to 10 (disagree - agree) for a school pilot study. I have restricted the individual cells to limit input to the appropriate value for the individual cells of the scale (e.g. you can only input a 5 into the '5' cell and so on).

    I don't know how to make sure that the respondents don't type in more than a single value within each scale.

    If someone has an idea how to do this or what terms to use in Excel Help the assistence would be much appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Dan

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Restrict input into cell array

    I am not sure whjat you are trying to do, but check "cell validation" in help