Sorting by month, disregarding the year

  1. #1
    Soffi
    Guest

    Sorting by month, disregarding the year

    I have a list of names in one column, and their date of birth in another
    column.
    I want to sort day and month, disregarding the year, in order to see who has
    a birthday this month. But how ?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Sorting by month, disregarding the year

    In a helper column, add a formula of

    =MONTH(B2)

    copy down, and sort by the helper column.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Sorting by month, disregarding the year

    Or, if you want to sort by month and DAY, make the formula

    =MONTH(B2)*100+DAY(B2)

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Sorting by month, disregarding the year

    Or: =TEXT(B2,"mm-dd")

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List