Excel Invoice

  1. #1
    Ann
    Guest

    Excel Invoice

    How do you transfer data, such as name, address, date, hours, charge per
    hour, and total charge, from an Excel spreadsheet to an Excel invoice
    without copying and pasting?

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Excel Invoice

    Hi, Ann. Try something like this:
    http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm
    Pay particular attention to the link in the 2nd bullet.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ann
    Guest

    Re: Excel Invoice

    Anne,
    Thanks for the info. I have a friend that has a spreadsheet for a small
    moving business. What she wants is to fill out an invoice, receipt, or a
    statement from her spreadsheet. She enters the info for each customer, and
    then wants that info to be transferred to her forms, depending on which one
    she needs to use. I don't think the example that I looked at using the
    lookup function will work. She just wants the customer's data that they
    moved to be transferred to an invoice or a receipt, depending whether they
    paid the day of moving. After 30 days if they do not pay, she needs to send
    a statement. Her forms are set up as templates, but can be placed in the
    same workbook as the spreadsheet. You can set up the = function to place the
    value of that cell in the form, but you would have to change the cell address
    for each customer's form. I hope this gives you a better understanding of
    what she is doing. We are not looking up any prices, just want info
    transferred from the spreadsheet to the forms. Thanks for your help.
    Ann

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Excel Invoice

    Aha. Mail merge, girlfriend. Mail merge! She can put, for instance, a column
    for Date of Invoice. She does the mail merge and sends them and puts
    "today's date" in there. Then, she can do another mail merge letter
    "statement" and choose records where the invoice date is greater than 30
    days ago.
    http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
    She'll prolly need this link, too:

  5. #5
    Ann
    Guest

    Re: Excel Invoice

    Anne,
    Thanks again. Her statement, invoice, and receipt are in Excel so Mail
    Merge will not work either. If you have any more ideas, I would appreciate
    them.

  6. #6
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Excel Invoice

    Hi Ann

    I use Advanced Filter in a several applications to generate invoices from a
    table of data containing lots of transactions with different customers on
    different dates. I also use it for an Invoice / Statement, where it picks up
    any amounts that have been paid during the time frame concerned.

    Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for some clear instructions and
    samples on how to use Advanced Filter, especially extracting to another sheet.
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

    Regards

    Roger Govier