Text in a Formula

  1. #1
    James Hamilton
    Guest

    Text in a Formula

    Hi,

    I once knew how to add text to a formula, which I'd use to explain the
    formula rather than using cell comments.

    I can't for the life of me remember how to do this.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    James

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Text in a Formula

    Hi James

    Try
    =Sum(A1:A100)+N("This adds the total Gross Amount")

    Change to suit.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Text in a Formula

    James, use something like this, ="This is the sum of A1 + B1 " & A1+B1

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    James Hamilton
    Guest

    RE: Text in a Formula

    Thanks Roger and Paul - the +N("blah, blah") was how I used to do it.

    James