Deleting an otpion on the drop down menu on a pivot table

  1. #1
    Accountant Williams
    Guest

    Deleting an otpion on the drop down menu on a pivot table

    I have created a pivot and after amending some of the columns in the data
    page. I have then gone to refresh the pivot table. Although there is no
    longer any cells with the old data the option to select the old data is still
    being shown although it contains no info

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Deleting an otpion on the drop down menu on a pivot table

    Hi

    Take a look here to see methods for clearing old items both manually and
    programmatically.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Accountant Williams
    Guest

    Re: Deleting an otpion on the drop down menu on a pivot table

    Thanks Roger/ anyone else

    That seemed to have solved the problem for a minute, when using the manual
    way but as soon as I drag back pivot field the old items still appear. When
    the pivot field is away from the pivot table the old items do not appear in
    the list but when dragged back they still do.

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Deleting an otpion on the drop down menu on a pivot table

    Hi
    Did you click on Refresh whilst the field was removed from the table?
    The other thing I have often found to work, is to click on the field name
    whilst in the PT, then press refresh.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  5. #5
    Accountant Williams
    Guest

    Re: Deleting an otpion on the drop down menu on a pivot table

    Hi Roger

    Solved it now. What I had not fully got from the Contextures Tips was that
    you take out the field while in the wizard format and then refresh. I was
    just moving it around in the PT format. Thanks for your help.

  6. #6
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Deleting an otpion on the drop down menu on a pivot table

    You're welcome.
    Glad you got it sorted.
    Regards

    Roger Govier