Find and edit column entries

  1. #1

    Find and edit column entries

    I am importing information from our accounting program. one of the columns has text containing product name and after several of the product names there is a *. This is used by the accounting program to designate differential pricing. Is there a way to sort for the text containing the * so I can delete from the text. an example would be as follows

    dekalb 1543t*

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Find and edit column entries

    Maybe you could just do a mass change:

    select the range to fix
    edit|replace
    what: ~*
    with: (leave blank)
    replace all

    Since the asterisk represents a wild card, you need that tilde to tell excel
    that you really want the asterisk character--not the wild card.

  3. #3
    Thanks that worked great