Fill the entire column with a function

  1. #1

    Fill the entire column with a function

    Hi,

    Maybe it is too simple - But I have no Idea :-(

    I have a sheet - which all columns are retrieves data using SQL Query
    (From Sql Server), but the first column is calculation based on the
    other columns - How can I have the first cell in each row populated
    with this formula? (Currently - after refreshing data - I am dragging
    the formula for the new rows added. I am sure there is a better way)

    Can anyone help please?

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Fill the entire column with a function

    See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm#filld
    for a macro equivalent of Ctrl+D
    It will look to the cell to the left to see how far to copy down.

    Ctrl+D will look to right if the left is not available, so the macro is
    not quite the same.
    ---
    HTH,