Copy Paste Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    Bud Hughes
    Guest

    Copy Paste Conditional Formatting

    I have used conditional formatting to identify certian parameters. I must
    now copy that column to another spreadsheet but do not want to lose that
    highlighted data. I have tried Copy Paste Special but I can only copy the
    Values. Is there any way to copy those cells and the colors?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Copy Paste Conditional Formatting

    If you do a copy/paste special/formats, you'll get the conditional formats
    (and other formats) into the destination cells, without changing the values
    already in those cells.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Copy Paste Conditional Formatting

    Bud

    Try Paste Special>Formats then Paste Special>Values.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Bud Hughes
    Guest

    Re: Copy Paste Conditional Formatting

    After reading my note I realized I was not very clear. I will be copying the
    data to another spead sheet, and the data that turns on the conditional
    formatting will NOT be going with. Therefore when I paste or paste special
    the colors will no longer be there. So is there a way to copy the colors and
    the values but not the conditional formating?

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Copy Paste Conditional Formatting

    Bud

    Have you tried it?

    Gord

  6. #6
    Bud Hughes

  7. #7

    Re: Copy Paste Conditional Formatting

    If the range is small, try pasting into MSWord. Then copy from MSWord and paste
    back to excel.