problem with downloading Data into Excel 2003

  1. #1
    RAGHAVAN JAYARAMAN
    Guest

    problem with downloading Data into Excel 2003

    We have reporting application that downloads data into Excel , and it opens
    in MS Excel window properly on Excel version 2000, 2002 sp2/sp3 but in case
    of Excel 2003 , it opens directly in IE instead of MS Excel window. I need to
    resolve this issue, is this common behavior with IE 6.0 , XP and Excel 2003.
    Any help is appreciated !
    Email < [email protected] >

  2. #2

    Re: problem with downloading Data into Excel 2003

    Maybe...

    How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
    Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

    But each user's pc needs to be set up this way.

  3. #3
    RAGHAVAN JAYARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: problem with downloading Data into Excel 2003

    Thanks Dave, This is want i asked the user to do.

    1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Open Tools * Folder Options … * Under “File Types” tab select CSV
    3. Make sure that it has been set to open with Microsoft Excel
    4. Click Advanced button
    5. Un-check Browse in Same Window. (Please see system admin if it is checked
    and the option is disabled)
    6. Press ok
    8. Close all browsers.
    9. Start reporting application and try again.
    10. Let me know if this still does not resolve the issue..

    But the user replied back it still opens in same window , default setting is
    same as above mentioned and he has " Browse in same window " unchecked and
    disabled.

    Let me know if user need to anything further to open in appropriate office
    application.

  4. #4

    Re: problem with downloading Data into Excel 2003

    I just looked at my settings for .csv files (winXP Home, xl2003, MSIE 6.0).

    The option for browse in same window was disabled.
    The default action was Open
    But I do have "confirm open after download" checked. (I like to be prompted
    each time I download anything.)

    Maybe that would be enough to choose Open or save? (Just a guess.)

  5. #5

    Re: problem with downloading Data into Excel 2003

    And I meant to add that I did download a .csv file and it opened directly in
    Excel (after I clicked Open (not save)).