Problem - Excel 2003 SP2 - Tools / Autocorrect Options....

  1. #1
    Desperate Don
    Guest

    Problem - Excel 2003 SP2 - Tools / Autocorrect Options....

    Clicking the menu item Tools / Autocorrect Options.... does not display the
    Autocorrect Options but instead Basic File Search appears in the sidebar.

    Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I can't find anywhere to report a
    problem such as this, without wasting one of my two free emails to a support
    technician. Have spent frustrating half-hour searching MS web site, just to
    be helpful to them.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Problem - Excel 2003 SP2 - Tools / Autocorrect Options....

    Works okay here. Yup, SP2. You might try renaming your toolbar file:

    C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel11.xlb

    (with Excel closed) to get back to the Excel defaults.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Desperate Don
    Guest

    Re: Problem - Excel 2003 SP2 - Tools / Autocorrect Options....

    Yes, getting rid of my own toolbar file does fix it. Implies there is a
    problem there then.... (a no-brainer). Thanks for reply - will investigate
    further tomorrow.

    DD