"If in last week" formula

  1. #1
    oatmeal
    Guest

    "If in last week" formula

    I have a number of simple two column sheets, one column contains dates.
    Basically each sheet is an employee, and the items list the date and
    notes for any "one on one meetings" that I have with that employee. I
    want to have a summary sheet that lets me know when the most recent
    meeting was.

    I think it would be ideal to check sheet1-5, if date is older than 1
    week, output false or true.

    I can't find any formula example on the net that uses dates as a
    condition of true or false. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Does

    =IF(A1<(TODAY()-7),true,false)

    work for what you need?

    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal

  3. #3
    oatmeal
    Guest

    Re: "If in last week" formula

    Yes that does work to an extent, thank you. The trouble is that is only
    for one cell. I tried modifying it to:

    =IF(A3:A30<(TODAY()-7),TRUE,FALSE)

    or

    =IF((A3:A30)<(TODAY()-7),TRUE,FALSE)

    but neither of those work. I need it to check the entire column, and if
    one of the dates is less than a week old, spit out true. It seems to be
    adding them together or something.

    -Steven

  4. #4
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    Try:

    =MAX(A3:A30)>TODAY()-7

    You don't need an IF() function when all you're looking for is a TRUE or FALSE answer

    This will give a TRUE result if the most recent date in your range is less than 7 days old and a FALSE result otherwise
    Last edited by Cutter; 09-30-2005 at 04:37 PM.

  5. #5
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: "If in last week" formula

    Try...

    =IF(COUNTIF(A3:A30,"<"&TODAY()-7),TRUE,FALSE)

    Hope this helps!

  6. #6
    oatmeal
    Guest

    Re: "If in last week" formula

    Thanks to Cutter, all is working fine now. Your little formula worked
    without any modifications.

    Thanks to all for their help on the matter. Kudos to this group!

  7. #7
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver