How to put line feed in a cell using a character not Alt/Enter

  1. #1
    David Crowther
    Guest

    How to put line feed in a cell using a character not Alt/Enter

    I need to import a csv file into another application and as there are a lot
    of lines I need to be able to do a find and replace of a symbol to a line
    field. This means I have a string of data in a cell and I want to get the
    cell with the line feed back into it.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: How to put line feed in a cell using a character not Alt/Enter

    If I'm following you here's an example macro that replaces each space in a
    cell with a line feed character.

    Sub a()
    Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection.Cells
    Cell.Value = Replace(Cell.Value, " ", Chr(10))
    Next

    Jim
    news:[email protected]...