How to tell odbc datasource name for existing Excel file

  1. #1
    Walt Mallon
    Guest

    How to tell odbc datasource name for existing Excel file

    I have an Excel file that connects to an Access database through an odbc
    connection on the user's machine. A new user is trying to run this file and
    I need to set up an odbc datasource on his machine. The problem is that I
    don't know what the excel file is expecting the name of the datasource to
    be. I get the standard "Data source name not found and no default driver
    specified" when I try to refresh the report data. Can I get the Excel file
    to tell me what the name of the datasource is?

    Thanks,
    Walter

  2. #2
    feldnemf
    Guest

    RE: How to tell odbc datasource name for existing Excel file

    Walt,
    I have the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?
    Mike