How to assign Ctrl+Shift+Insert to Paste Values?

  1. #1

    How to assign Ctrl+Shift+Insert to Paste Values?

    It used to be possible to do it, but suddenly it seems that Excel
    assign user-defined shortcuts only as Alt+letter and nothing more
    complicated than that. Is there way how to get around?

    Thanks,

    Matej

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How to assign Ctrl+Shift+Insert to Paste Values?

    Hi Matej

    You can use Ctrl-C to Copy, Ctrl-X to Cut, Ctrl-V to Paste

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3

    Re: How to assign Ctrl+Shift+Insert to Paste Values?

    Of course, that I know that (I am much behind this level), but I need
    to assign to key shortcut to Paste values only (so that pasting want
    destroy formatting of target cells). ANy thoughts?

    Matej

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How to assign Ctrl+Shift+Insert to Paste Values?

    Hi Matej,
    Yes, I think the dialog was slightly changed.

    If you hit the SHIFT key when assigning your shortcut you will
    see +SHIFT being added to your shortcut assignment.

    But the Ins (insert key) is not available as a shortcut key,
    which appears to be meant as part of the question hidden on your subject
    line where it will be ignored when actually reading a question.

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm
    ---
    HTH,

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How to assign Ctrl+Shift+Insert to Paste Values?

    Another case of part of the question is in the subject title.
    Please include the entire question in the body.

    You want the equivalent of Edit, Paste Special, Values
    after copying your entire worksheet
    (Edit, Move or copy, be sure to check copy worksheet)

    So a common shortcut would be Ctrl+Shift+V to
    paste values using your own macro.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/paste.htm#values
    No matter what your choose Ctrl+Shift+V or Ctrl+Shift+P
    you are very likely to override a builtin Excel shortcut, so you
    might want to check that to see if you really want that shortcut.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm

    Also note with Edit, Paste Special what your options are.
    ---
    HTH,

  6. #6

    Re: How to assign Ctrl+Shift+Insert to Paste Values?

    Thanks a lot!

    Matej