multiplying columns

  1. #1
    Horizon Dude
    Guest

    multiplying columns

    I want stuff in column A multiplied by stuff in column B and end up in column
    C. I would like to have this done automatically instead of doing it every
    time i update my sheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: multiplying columns

    You will need a computer with a keyboard, a mouse and a spreadsheet program
    installed on it. Write this in cell C1 of a spreadsheet file's worksheet:

    =A1*B1

    and press the Enter key.
    Click on cell C1 again. The lower right corner of the cell will be a small
    black square. Put the mouse pointer onto it, hold down the left mousebutton
    (or the mousebutton if you have only one) and, while holding, drag the mouse
    towards the side of the table where your body is. After two or maybe three
    minutes, remove your hand from the mouse. Save the file.

    Enter stuff in A and B of this sheet in this file from now on and enjoy the
    miracles of modern number crunching.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "Horizon Dude" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: multiplying columns

    In C1:

    =A1*B1

    and drag down to the end of your data.

    Dave

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: multiplying columns

    select column C, with C1 as the activeCell

    go to the formula bar and enter

    =A1*B1

    then hit Ctrl+enter instead of just enter.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...