Styles in Excel

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    MLoftusNYC
    Guest

    Styles in Excel

    Hello:

    People in my company often send me their problematic Excel workbooks.
    Lately, I've been seeing a number of workbooks that have thousands of styles.
    I have some VBA code that loops through the styles collection and deletes
    anything that's not in use. However, often times quite a few of the styles
    cannot be deleted. I notice that these often have the name "Nor" and cannot
    be deleted through code or manually in the user interface. Does anyone know
    how this situation occurs? Does anyone know how to delete these?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Charles Williams
    Guest

    Re: Styles in Excel

    Possibly corrupt or built-in styles?

    If all else fails you could try round-tripping via xhtml.

    Charles
    Decision Models
    FastExcel 2.1 now available
    www.DecisionModels.com