Multiple IF formula

  1. #1
    DBYRON
    Guest

    Multiple IF formula

    If any one can help with this query would be much apprieciated i'm very in
    need of it thanks;

    Simple example of what i need; on my work sheet i have a row with monthly
    interest rates in as column headers i.e 0.3 0.5 0.7 0.8 as under each header
    is a figure i.e under 0.3 is 5 under 0.5 is 10 ect.

    I have a formula which gives me a figure under the colounm header so say my
    formula through out 5 i need to display in a cell the column header so 0.3.
    So i need something that says IF cell=5 display 0.3 OR IF cell=10 display 0.5
    OR IF cell=x display y.

    Your help really appriecited thank you.

    Dave

  2. #2
    Pete at Sappi Fine Paper
    Guest

    RE: Multiple IF formula

    Sounds like a job for VLOOKUP - but you'll need to transpose your table.
    List your interest rates in column A and your values (5,10 etc) in column B,
    and then you can use the formula:

    =VLOOKUP(cell,A:B,2,FALSE)