command button:how to create or "asign" a macro

  1. #1
    abfabrob
    Guest

    command button:how to create or "asign" a macro

    I want to use a command button to click on it to take mr to a template I have
    created. I have read some old questions and replies, so I can get the button
    on the page, but I have absolutely no idea how to create or "asign" a macro...

    Can anyone help?

    Rob,
    Teesside,
    UK

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    To insert a button, select View, Toolbars, Control Toolbox,
    on the Toolbox select the first icon ('Design Mode') which now becomes 'Exit Design Mode'

    Select the button icon and draw a button on the sheet, rightmouse the button and View Code.

    Enter your required code (copy from a macro etc)

    Exit Design mode when finished.

    To create a macro, select Tools, Macro, Record New Macro, and select a name, do the actions you want the macro to record, then end the recording.

    Tools, Macro, Macros, select your macro and 'Edit' should give you enough to work on.

    Quote Originally Posted by abfabrob

  3. #3
    Bill Martin
    Guest

    re: command button:how to create or "asign" a macro

    abfabrob wrote:
    > I want to use a command button to click on it to take mr to a template I have
    > created. I have read some old questions and replies, so I can get the button
    > on the page, but I have absolutely no idea how to create or "asign" a macro...
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Regards,

    -----------------------

    Once you've created the button on the page, right click on it and select "Assign
    Macro". That will bring up a list of macros, you select one and click "ok" and
    all should be well.

    Bill

  4. #4
    abfabrob
    Guest

    re: command button:how to create or "asign" a macro

    I can't see a list of macros. But I don't know what one is...
    --
    Rob,
    Teesside,

  5. #5
    Bill Martin

    abfabrob wrote:
    > I can't see a list of macros. But I don't know what one is...

    ------------

    Perhaps Bryan can help you. If you don't know what a macro is, then I can't
    much help you assign one to a button which is what I thought you asked for.

    Bill

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    . . hopefully 'what one is...' was meant to be 'which one is...'

    In Tools, Macro, Macros, you can Run each macro to see which one performs the required tasks.

    After testing I suggest you close the Workbook without saving, and re-open it to assign the macro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Martin