To Keep Only A Tatal Amount, But Not Keeping The Whole Sheet

  1. #1

    To Keep Only A Total Amount, But Not Keeping The Whole Sheet

    Hello everyone,
    I need to create a workbook, which has 2 sheets A and B. Sheet A is for insert data and sheet B is for the total amount of sheet A.

    Every day, I enter a lot of numbers in sheet A and sheet B will show me the total amount of sheet A. I don't need to keep every detail in sheet A, but I have to keep the total amount of that day.

    Because I don't need to keep every detail in sheet A, the next day, I open sheet A again and enter new numbers for a new day. The problem is when I enter new numbers, I get only the total amount of the current day in sheet B. I lost the total amount of the last day.

    Please dirent me how to keep only the total amount without keeping the related sheet.

    (I have tried to enter data for every day in separated sheets, but the problem was the workbook's size is huge ---> It took a long time to open!)

    Thank you very much and I look forwards to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Peter
    Last edited by freeecoom; 10-05-2005 at 07:52 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: To Keep Only A Tatal Amount, But Not Keeping The Whole Sheet

    How about making a sheet3. Then copy the totals from sheet2 and paste special
    values into sheet3.

  3. #3
    Thank you very much Dave.