Insert row if condition met

  1. #1
    Acct Supr - DCTC
    Guest

    Insert row if condition met

    I need to insert a row after totaling several rows above it. The number of
    rows vary, there are several spreadsheets and I update these spreadsheets a
    couple of times a month. Is there way with a macro to do this and like to
    bold my total line as well.

  2. #2

    Re: Insert row if condition met

    Inserting additional rows into your data is usually a bad thing.

    How about an alternative.

    You used Data|subtotal, right?

    click on the outlining symbols to the left to just show the rows you want to be
    "double spaced"

    Then select your rows in that range
    Edit|goto|special
    click visible cells only
    Adjust the rowheight for those visible rows
    And then one more step...

    Format|cells|alignment tab
    Text alignment section|Vertical dropdown--choose Top.

    It'll look "double spaced", but you don't have the clutter of empty rows.