summing formula help

  1. #1
    jerry
    Guest

    summing formula help

    I have a column that could produce 1 row of data or 35 rows of data. How can
    i consistently sum two fields below last cell with data and have everything
    included.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: summing formula help

    Can you provide a sample of your data and expected results?

  3. #3
    jerry
    Guest

    Re: summing formula help

    Sheet 1
    Column p
    xyz company 10 000.00
    pdq Company 50 00.00

    Sheet 2
    Rip roaring Company 1.00
    doesnt make any sense company 1,0000,000.00
    alright arlight i get it company 15,000.00
    safety cracker company 1,000.00

    I want a formula that will summarize(ideally in the same column as where the
    numbers are) on each individual sheet,but be able to continue to continue to
    summarize,if there are new companies. added or subtracted

    thanks
    jerry

  4. #4
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: summing formula help

    Assumptions:

    On Sheet2...

    Column A contains the company name

    Column B contains the amounts

    On Sheet1...

    A2:A3 contains 'xyz company' and 'pdq company'

    Formula:

    P2, copied down:

    =SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,A2,Sheet2!B:B)

    Hope this helps!