how to create a "sub worksheet"

  1. #1

    how to create a "sub worksheet"

    My question is as follows,using an example:

    Say I have a cell showing total payments. I then want to have a feature that is similar to the comment feature where I would click on this cell and the details of all prior payments would "pop-up". In this "pop-up" I would then add another payment with details specific to that payment and the new total would then be reflected in the payment cell. Is there a way to do this without having to enter the payment details anywhere else on the worksheet or in the workbook. The only entry of the individual payment detail is on the "pop-up" information.

    I guess anther way to ask this is:

    Is the a feature similar to the Comment feature that is really a mini-worksheet?

    Thanks for any assitance in this.

  2. #2

    Re: how to create a "sub worksheet"

    There's nothing built into excel that does this kind of thing. I bet you could
    spend hours creating a userform that does what you want.

    But maybe you could just add a hyperlink to that cell that goes to another sheet
    where all the details are.