compare time

  1. #1
    Eddie Munster
    Guest

    compare time

    I would like to compare a calculated time in my work sheet vs. the actual
    system time. For example, if the caculated time is >than or = to the system
    time I want excel to tell me to "CALL", if not then "REST"...any help would
    be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    DE

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: compare time

    Put your calculated time in a cell (say A1) In B1 put =NOW()
    in C1 enter =IF(A1>=B1,"CALL","REST)
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: compare time

    One way:

    If your calculated value is in A1, then

    =IF(A1>=MOD(NOW(),1),"CALL","REST")

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: compare time

    Student - did you test this?

    Your formula should never result in "CALL", since NOW() returns a date
    and time, not just a time.

    If B1 contains =MOD(NOW(), 1), then the formula would work.

  5. #5
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    Re: compare time

    You are right JE. My calculated time was actually a date with time formatting
    --
    Gary''s Student

  6. #6
    Eddie Munster