Consolidate

  1. #1
    Michele
    Guest

    Consolidate

    i have a worksheet seperated by columns:

    DATE / VENDOR / DESCRIPTION / FILE / MONTH / AMOUNT

    i hope i explain this properly. i would like to cosolidate vendors. if there
    is a vendor that shows up multiple times than i would like it to cosolidate
    the name and just show me a total for that vendor for each month. i have at
    least 30 vendors and over 1000 row of data. is this possible.

  2. #2
    John Moore
    Guest

    RE: Consolidate

    You could use SUMIF function in a separate worksheet, or to one side of your
    existing worksheet, firstly though it may be better to make a unique list of
    your vendors and use the SUMIF function to extract the data you need, e.g.

    =SUMIF(rangename,vendorname,qty)
    where rangename is the entire data set ( say A1:F1000 ), vendorname is the
    column with the vendor names ( say B1:B1000 ) and qty is the amount column (
    say F1:F1000 ).

  3. #3
    Michele
    Guest

    RE: Consolidate

    i wrote this =SUMIF(Sheet1!A1:F1492,Sheet1!B1:B1492,Sheet1!F1:F1492) in
    another worksheet but i get this " 0 " now i just wrote that function in
    cell A1. do i need to write it elsewhere?

  4. #4
    Nadeem
    Guest

    RE: Consolidate